Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Clueless Gray Aliens

Invasion of the Clueless Gray Aliens, Acrylic on Museum Board on Panel, 22 x 28 inches, 2010.

Clueless Gray Aliens Look at TV, Acrylic on Museum Board on Panel, 18 x 24 inches, 2010.

I have been avidly interested in the subject of UFO's for over fifty years -- I was intrigued by it at an early age.  I had long been a member of the Mutual UFO Network, though earlier this year I resigned in protest over their management policies (and because I could no longer afford the subscription rates!) -- I have painted several pictures over the years featuring flying saucers and aliens.  The so-called small grays lend themselves to images of sinister import.  However, here I though I would try for something whimsical and droll, making the aliens humorous and perhaps endearing.  The "clueless aliens" are just off the spaceship and don't know what they are about.  Everything on earth is strange to them, but they are trying to fit in and figure things out.  In the first picture they are exploring the countryside and finding some difficulty dealing with the wildlife.  In the second they are trying to look at TV and not quite sure of the connections or how the remote works (will it control the saucer as well?)

For more of my work see my website at www.stephenwardeanderson.com 

If you like my work friend me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment